Curriculum Design and Coverage
We are committed to making St Mary & St John an inclusive environment, fostering curiosity, spirituality, creativity and respect. At our school we want everyone to be valued, to explore the joy of learning, and to achieve their full potential. Children at St Mary and St John celebrate the richness of diversity within our school community. They are confident, empathetic, and resilient, able to take measured risks with a sense of self-belief. We strive to empower the children at school, motivating them in an environment where they feel valued and understand the power of being inquisitive. When they leave us, they will be enthusiastic life-long learners who are ambitious, courageous and able to build positive, healthy relationships.
Intent of St Mary and St John’s Curriculum
- Engages children in memorable learning experiences which encourage, stretch and support them on their journey to realise their full potential.
- Accessible for all children, providing opportunities for discussion, exploration and risk taking.
Implementation of St Mary and St John’s Curriculum
- Sequencing of lessons provides small steps in learning which build on prior learning experiences, allowing children to make cross-curricular links.
- Lessons balance skills and knowledge.
- Meaningful experiences in learning provide rich learning opportunities.
- Understanding there is no ceiling on learning, having high expectations for all children.
Impact of St Mary and St John’s Curriculum
- Establish a sense of belonging to the school and community with an ability to respect the rights of, and be inclusive of, others.
- Children make connections in their learning.
- Children succeed in their learning, no matter their starting point and develop a life-long love of learning.
- Children are resilient, feeling confident and safe to take risks.
- Children make meaningful, positive relationships, with both adults and children.
Curriculum Maps 2023-24
Please find the curriculum maps for Autumn Term 2 (Term 2) 23-24 for each year group below.
Additional Curriculum Information Term 2
Please find the curriculum letters for Autumn Term 2 (Term 2) 23-24 below.
Meet The Teachers
Below are the presentations which have been shared with parents/carers in school at the start of the academic year.
You will find information about expectations and routines for each year group. Please contact the school if you have any further questions.