Deputy Head Teacher Opportunity
As a Church of England Primary School, we are committed to making St Mary & St John an inclusive environment, fostering curiosity, spirituality, creativity and respect. At our school we want everyone to be valued, to explore the joy of learning, and to achieve their full potential.
St Mary & St John School is located in East Oxford, close to the city centre whilst enjoying an exceptional green site. We are a popular, two form entry Primary school and provide a dynamic learning environment, enriched by the talents, skills and expertise of all our staff, parents and the local community. We work together to ensure that all our children reach the highest academic standards they are capable of, whilst nurturing their self-confidence, curiosity and imagination.
Due to our current Deputy Headteacher sadly moving on at Christmas, the Governors wish to appoint a professional with a proven track record of excellent classroom practice. The new Deputy Headteacher will work alongside the Headteacher as part of our Leadership Team. They will support in the development of middle leaders and take a lead on pastoral support.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious and energetic practitioner to develop their career. We are looking for someone who can:
- Be an advocate for every child
- Work efficiently and effectively prioritise, with excellent organisational skills
- Maintain high expectations of themselves, the children and the staff
- Build trusting relationships with all members of the school community
- Work cooperatively within a team
- See the opportunity in every challenge
- Remain calm and systematic when under pressure
- Model restorative approaches to pastoral care
- Show imagination and a creative outlook
We can offer you:
- A positive welcoming environment with spacious buildings
- Enthusiastic children who appreciate high quality learning
- The support of highly motivated staff, who are fun to work with
- A strong commitment to continued professional development
- A forward and outward looking Leadership Team
- Parents who play an active role in all aspects of school life
- Governors who are committed to the future development of the school
- A Headteacher who is committed to developing an aspirational and inclusive culture for all children and staff
You are very welcome to come and visit our school. Please contact Ruth Tarry in the school office for an appointment or further information about the job:
Office.email@example.com or tel: 01865 723841 option 2.