The school is always reluctant to authorise a closure because of the impact on the learning of pupils and family arrangements; however, the decision to close to pupils is made as early in the morning as possible, to make the situation as manageable as possible. Factors taken into consideration to close the school include:
- pupils and staff being able to make their journey to school safely;
- enough teachers being in school to supervise pupils safely, enough staff to keep the site heated and pathways clear and to provide services such as catering, answering the phone and first aid;
- pupils and staff being able to move around the site safely and not be put at risk of injury through falls.
The situation is reviewed daily and our website will be updated with relevant information. Any information about provision for our Reception children at Comper will also be posted, as soon as it is available to us.
Please note that unless advised otherwise you should assume that the school will be reopening the next day. Please listen to local radio stations (see below). Note – We have been asked to advise you not to ring the radio station but to stay tuned for further details.
Closures are announced during the breakfast shows on:
- BBC Radio Oxford (95.2 FM)
- Heart FM (102.6 or 97.4 FM)
- JACK 2(107.9 FM and DAB)
- Banbury Sound (107.6 FM)
- Jack FM (106.8 FM, 106.4 FM and DAB)
- Witney Radio (99.9FM)
Closures are also published on the Oxfordshire County Council website – linked below.