St Mary & St John Tea Stall
The Mary & John Tea Stall is a great tradition – famous beyond the boundaries of the school!
When and Where?
- Every Friday afternoon in term time, after school.
- Usually outside in the playground (indoors in the Parent’s Area if it is wet outside.)
- Classes take it in turns to host the stall and bring in cakes and other treats from home.
- Children play. Parents and carers chat, to teachers and other parents. Adults drink tea, children drink juice, everyone eats cake.
Where does the money go?
Usually the money raised goes to the PTA to support projects and activities around the school. Sometimes it goes to charity, supporting groups such as the homeless in Oxford or refugees in Calais.
Parents – how can you get involved?
- Please check the PTA noticeboards in school or look out for ParentPay emails and make a note of when your child’s class is next running Tea Stall.
- Bring in something tasty on the day! Cakes, fruit, pakoras, popcorn.
- Join in after school and help set up, serve cakes and make tea.
- Think about volunteering to be a Tea Stall rep. Every year group should have at least one rep, to help organise the work.
- When it’s not your turn, just stay and relax and enjoy the party.